Friday, January 06, 2012

A Southern White Christmas

On December 16th, we hosted Michael's 3rd Annual 35th Birthday Party.  The party is a fun new tradtion and it is basically a grown-ups-only Christmas Open House.  I changed up the menu a bit this year and decided on the theme of A Southern White Christmas.  My intention was for all the food and drinks to basically be white or golden...as you'll see, it didn't always work out quite that way, but the food was all delicious!

Before we had the opening between our kitchen and dining room expanded, we had a kids table in the kitchen.  It was nice because whenever I was hosting a dinner party, I could set my dining room table in advance and the kids would eat at their table in the kitchen.  Well, now we always eat at the dining room table, so that made things a challenge this time around.  So what I did instead was I set the table with all my serving pieces a couple of days in advance. Then I took this picture so I could remember where I was going to place everything for the party, and I could think through all the serving pieces needed.

Here's the table right before the party.

The Appetizers
Spiral-sliced ham and warm rolls, served with mayonnaise and mustard
Assorted cheeses

The Beverages
Champagne
White wine
Red wine

The Birthday Cakes


No comments: