Friday, January 06, 2012

Grown-up S'mores

One day we landed on the Food Network and it was on that show The Best Thing I Ever Ate.  I'm not sure which episode it was, but it might have been this one.  They showed these S'mores made my some restaurant, and we were literally drooling.  I've been wanting to reconcoct the recipe as best as I could remember and did this week.  Here's how I did it:

I line ramekins with a graham cracker crust like you would find with a cheesecake.  I actually used the graham cracker crust for this recipe.  I baked them for about 6 minutes right before serving.

Then I scooped a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream in each ramekin.

Then I poured chocoate syrup on top of the ice cream.  I had a gourmet rum and coffee liqueur-flavored syrup.

Finally I topped each one with a homemade marshmallow and toasted it with a culinary torch.

No comments: