Thursday, May 06, 2010

The perfect burger

Tuesday night we hosted an RUF barbecue. I tried to keep things simple...I was on the church's dime and I didn't have the energy or time to make it fancy....and they're college kids...they don't want fancy. So we did burgers. I've come up with what I think makes the perfect, inexpensive burger.

2 lbs ground beef, the fattier, the tastier
1 egg
probably a 1/4 cup or 1/3 cup of Worcestershire
1/2 cup french fried onions
lots and lots of Jack's seasoned salt

Mix well and form into patties. Grill.

This is a great base...you can always jazz up your burgers by adding more. For a pepper jack burger add minced jalapenos and fresh cilantro. Or try adding minced garlic and chives.

And a word on the seasoned salt. If you're from Dallas, you know what I'm talking about. This is no ordinary seasoned salt. I would think it would be worth it to just order it from their website. I've sold my Mississippi man on it...we don't make burgers without the Jack's. And just try putting it on your fries.....

No comments: