Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rearranging

Life is always changing and I'm quick to get on top of it and change my house. Once we were at Target and Jack said, "After Christmas we have to go to Target and get new bins to put our new stuff in." That's just about right. After birthdays and Christmas, I have to reorganize. So I've been working on that this month. My Christmas present was part of the inspiration. I got a new laptop and we moved the old desktop to the basement for the boys. So I no longer needed a desk in the living room/dining room. I moved the desk to my bedside. The chest and cabinet in my bedroom I moved to the spot where the desk was and made it a "liquor/china" cabinet.
And finally yesterday, I found a chest of drawers at the Habitat store for $15 and was able to move my clothes out of the new "liquor cabinet" and back into my bedroom. The boys got the "new" chest and I got their "old" one. Though it might be a tough battle over which one is actually older.The boys' "new" chest will someday get a new coat of paint and some new hardware...or it might end up back at the Habitat store if we find a truly "new" piece, but for fifteen bucks, it will serve it's purpose. And the drawers are all low enough for them to reach, and they're fairly easy to pull in and out...at least, in comparison to the chest I took from them for mine. So they're happy...and our bank account is happy. And I still can ponder what I want to do with their room. I'm throwing around some ideas, but I'm looking for more inspiration. Sometime in the next year, though I'll probably give their room a fresh look...with lots and lots of paint, no doubt.

1 comment:

Ella said...

even though i've never "seen" your house, I still love looking at the ways you've changed it! looks beautiful and what a deal on the chest of drawers!!