Thursday, May 17, 2007

Shrimp or Crawfish Fettucine

I actually haven't made this yet, but I've specifically asked for it because I've heard it is incredible. My mom brought me her copy and since I've packed my notecards, I'm storing this recipe here for my future use. I think I'll try it next week. It is my Aunt Tanya's recipe, and she got it from a friend, I think. I can't imagine that it is anything less than delicious.

1 1/2 sticks butter (not margarine)
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
6-8 pods garlic or 4 T minced garlic
1/3 c flour
1/2 c water
2 lbs crawfish or shrimp, cooked and seasoned to taste (Bernards?)
4 T fresh chopped parsley
1 1/2 lbs Velveeta Hot Mexican (or regular Velveeta)
16 oz fettucine (or farfalle)
1 pint half-and-half + 1/4 c of milk (pour milk in cream carton, swish, and add for extra sauce
Fresh parmesan

Melt butter. Saute vegetables (except parsley) until wilted. Add flour. Blend well. Add water, blend well. Cook over olw heat for 5 min. Add tails or shrimp; cook 15-20 min over very low heat. Cook noodles according to package directions, rinse with cold water. Add velveeta to crawfish or shrimp mix, blend well. Add half-and-half. When all is melted, add salt and pepper, to taste, and parsley. Mix noodles with crawfish or shrimp mixture and pour into 3 qt baking dish. Cover with Parmesan and bake at 350 about 30 minutes or until the mixture bubbles.

Serves 8-10.

It freezes well, but thaw before baking.

2 comments:

Haley said...

i made this last night. i used regular velveeta instead of the mexican. i think with all the half and half, it needed the mexican velveeta. it was almost too sweet without it. hubby really enjoyed it! i am sure i will make it again.

Hillary Kouba said...

I am so glad you found me! Thanks for the note! Katelyn is growing up so fast! Are those three kids yours? I couldn't blow up the picture to see them very clearly but I'm sure they are adorable. I would love to see pictures if you have a blog for them too. Have a great day!