Thursday, January 04, 2007

Orange Dream/Pink Dream

A friend asked me for this recipe the other day, and before I put it away again and forget about it, I thought I'd add it. The drink originally was called "Orange Dream" and I found it in InStyle magazine in a section on throwing a baby shower. When I used the recipe, I was hosting a baby shower for a baby girl, so I adapted the recipe for a pink-themed party and created my "Pink Dream." So here are both recipes...

Orange Dream (serves 20)

8 c ice cubes
4 cans (6 oz each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 pints orange sorbet
2 pints vanilla ice cream
2 c orange-flavored vodka
2 c vanilla-flavored vodka

Blend in batches.

Pink Dream

I substituted pink lemonade concentrate for the orange juice, but I quartered the amount and then added more as desired b/c the lemonade is so strong. Then I substituted raspberry-flavored vodka for both the orange and vanilla vodkas but I could have kept the vanilla. I just didn't want to buy two types of vodka. For the non-alcoholic versions, I used cranberry-raspberry juice.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Thanks, Hilary, I thought about just asking you to post it here!