Thursday, March 31, 2011

A little housework

While we were in Mississippi, we had a little work done on the house.  Back in October, when I (finally) had my chandelier hung over my dining room table, we discovered that the previous owners' chandelier hung from a massive hole in our ceiling (much larger than your typical light fixture hole).  So, we knew we needed to patch that hole.  Well, once we were thinking of making one patch, we decided that the entire ceiling in the dining room and living room need to be redone...too many patches and poor dry wall seams in the past.  So, we had the ceiling redone and when we got home we painted it a white with a touch of a blue tint...you can seen the ceiling color better in the second picture.  While we were going to have such a big mess, we also had the doorway between the kitchen and the dining room opened up.  Before (here's a link to when I first painted the kitchen green) it was just a doorway.  Now it is about twice as wide and provides much easier flow....I think we'll especially like it when we have company.  Since I was opening up the two rooms, I repainted the kitchen a blue color, a couple of shades darker than the dining room ceiling, so the two rooms would flow better (I still have my apple green accents in the kitchen).  We love our new opening.  I still have some paint touching up to do...you can see above the molding...it was actually unlevel at first and we had to have the workers come and level the doorway, and the molding is just primed...I need to find the right white.

 While in Mississippi, we went to the Premier Prints Fabric Outlet, and I found this paisley and stripe to make new curtains for the kitchen...I'm still going to do something different on the windows over the sink...but haven't quite figured that out yet.  Thanks Mammy, for the fabric!  I love the new look.
 Mammy also found this cute outdoor fabric for a bargain and gave it to me.  I have been revamping my outdoor pillows.  The aqua blue is perfect with my rockers and swing and the yellow with the house.
 And I can't wait to work on my next project: Luke's room.  I LOVE the fabrics we got for his room.  We'll be adding these fabrics to a few things to accent the blue, khaki and brown scheme already in the room.

1 comment:

meg + andy said...

wow, i love those prints too! your blue kitchen is so great and the curtains are beautiful. i wish we had a premier prints outlet here- how cool is that! looking forward to see luke's room! :)