Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Heather's Rum Cake

This is my dear friend Heather's recipe.  Making this makes me miss her so much.  I made this last night for small group.  I know rum is kind of summery, but this warm cake makes me think of fall.  It's best made right before you're going to serve it so that it is still warm while enjoying it.

1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box vanilla instant pudding
1/3 c water
1/3 c rum
1/3 c vegetable oil
4 eggs, added one at a time

Mix all ingredients well.  Pour into a lightly greased bundt pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes. 

Meanwhile make the glaze:

1 stick of butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c rum
Bring to a boil and boil, stirring, for 5 minutes.

Invert pan onto a plate and poke small holes in the top of the cake with a fork or toothpick.  Pour warm glaze over warm cake and serve immediately.

No comments: