Monday, December 14, 2009

Michael's 35th Birthday Party

Last Thursday I threw a cocktail/hors d'oeuvres party for Michael's birthday. I did most of the cooking on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then got out the serving pieces and finished cleaning on Thursday. Thursday evening I had babysitters come from 6-8 to entertain the boys while Michael enjoyed time out with the guys, and I did the finishing touches.

For decor...simple...it's Christmastime. The only thing I added was votive candles on the front and side porches.

In my tiny little house I put the food on the dining room table and moved most of the dining chairs out of the room. The drinks were set out in the kitchen.

The menu...

Drinks...

Crimsontinis (a holiday cosmopolitan)
Champagne and Kir Royale
Red and white wines
Cranberry non-alcoholic holiday punch
Hot apple cider
coffee and hot water for tea or hot chocolate

Hors d'oeuvres...

Cheese straws
Marinated shrimp
Chicken empanadas
Michelle's goat cheese and sundried tomato torte
Cranberry and carmelized onion baked brie
Assorted cheeses and grapes





and for dessert...

Peppermint black & white angel food cake
Raspberry topped cheesecake

Recipes to be posted soon.

1 comment:

Ella said...

Oh, wow!! what a party!! can't wait for the recipes!! it all looked so delicious and beautiful!