Monday, July 23, 2007

Quiche

Today an old friend from France, Elisabeth Folkerts, called me. We hadn't talked in six years. It was so fun to catch up and hear about her life. Interestingly our paths have headed in the same direction...each of us have 3 kids and live in the West while our husbands are pastors. But her calling me reminded me of France and she always made good quiche. While in France, I perfected my quiche-making skills and adapated several recipes into one I made frequently. I made it tonight--for old times sake.

3 eggs
1 c milk
1 c sour cream
pinch of salt & pepper
1 pie crust
1 T chopped fresh parsley, or 1 t dried parsley
1/4 c bacon, cooked & crumbled
1/2 c cheese, grated (your favorite)

Whisk eggs, milk, sour cream and spices. Place pie crust in pie plate or quiche pan. Sprinkle bacon and cheese (and any other goodies you want to fill your quiche--I used leftover zucchini, squash and onions tonight) on top of pie crust. Pour egg mixture into crust. Bake at 400 30-40 minutes until puffed up and lightly browned. Bon Appetit!

Serves 4

1 comment:

Deborah R Foucachon said...

Hi Hilary! Mmmm...this recipe sounds SO good! I feel so bad for not getting a wedding invite to you all! There were a lot of people I just never got around to getting addresses for. I feel bad...I am now very happily married (since MArch 31st) and we're expecting our first baby on Valentine's Day! We're thrilled. :)
Hope you all are doing well!
Hugs,
~Deborah...Beauchamp! :)